Miguel de Benavides Library
UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
ESPAÑA, MANILA, PHILIPPINES
A listing of all the guides produced by the library to help users learn about and make use of the Library, learn about database resources and related services.
GUIDE TO E-RESOURCES BY SUBJECT
Here’s a list of online databases by subject currently subscribed by the library to help guide you choose which one to use.
To access, just visit http://library.ust.edu.ph/e-databases.html, click ‘Remote Access’ and log-in to your library account.
For any inquiries, you may send us an e-mail to email@example.com or message us through FB messenger (@ustmdblib).
HOW TO ACCESS THE LIBRARY’S E-RESOURCES REMOTELY
A quick guide on how to access USTMdBLib’s ELECTRONIC RESOURCES at home.
1. Go to the library’s website: http://library.ust.edu.ph/.
2. Click the ‘Resources’ tab.
3. Click ‘Electronic Resources’.
4. Select from the list of available electronic resources.
5. Select ‘Remote Access’ and log-in to your library account (input your username and password).
HOW TO ACCESS THE LIBRARY’S LOCAL LEGAL DATABASES
CD ASIA ONLINE
2. Click the 'Remote Access' link.
3.Input your library account details (if active) or your temporary library account.
(To request for a temporary library account, click http://bit.ly/USTLibTempAccount and accomplish the form completely. A TEMPORARY UN/PW will be sent automatically to your G-suite account (UST e-mail).
2. Click the 'MyLegalWhiz' link.
3.Input the username/password provided through accomplishing the google form.
(To get the UN/PW, cLick http://bit.ly/USTLibMyLegalWhizPW and accomplish the form completely. Your UN/PW will be sent automatically to your G-suite account (UST e-mail).
HOW TO REQUEST FOR A TURNITIN SERVICE
What is Turnitin?
To avail, check the following instructions and guidelines.
1. Only the following are eligible to avail of this service:
▪ Faculty Members
▪ Graduate School Students
2. Kindly attach a copy of your manuscript in a new Word file (Title, Table of Contents, Abstract, Other preliminaries, Chapter 1-5).
*Do not include: References and Appendices
▪ Computers are shut down 30 minutes before the Library closes.
3. For papers (not thesis or dissertation), kindly indicate passing percentage or the acceptable similarity index.
4. Request/s may be sent from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
The results will be sent via e-mail within 1 to 2 working days upon receipt of request.
E-mail your request to:
firstname.lastname@example.org -- For Faculty Members and Graduate School students
email@example.com -- For Faculty Members who wish to run their students’ papers
LIBRARY MATERIAL CHECK OUT POLICY
With the "new normal" set up, the library allows CHECKING OUT of materials with the following guidelines.
For the TIME BEING, only the following are eligible to use this service:
1. UST Administrators / Academic Officials
2. UST Faculty members / Support Staff
1. Book/s (and/or other material/s) requested will be ready after two working days from the date of request. The borrower will be notified via text message, call, or e-mail once the materials are ready for pick-up.
2. All requested materials will be safely packed and will be ready for pick up at the Central Library General Circulation Section (at the library foyer – left side).
3.Pick-up time is from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm from Monday to Saturday. Please present your UST ID upon pick-up. A representative (co- university employee only) may get the materials/s on behalf of the borrower providing that an authorization letter and photocopy of the borrower’s ID will be presented.
To avail of this service, click http://bit.ly/USTBorrowLibMat and fill-out this form.
RENEWAL of Borrowed Materials
Materials may be renewed online through the LIBRARY OPAC (ustlib.ust.ph/patroninfo) using your ACTIVE LIBRARY ACCOUNT or by phone. (Direct Line: 3-406-1617 ; Trunk line: 3-406-1611 loc. 8384)
RETURN of Borrowed Materials
You can drop off the book at the designated book drops station provided at Espana (Gate 1) and Dapitan (Gate 10) from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
A book drop is also available at the Central Library’s foyer. FB page link: http://bit.ly/USTLibBorrowGuide
HOW TO CREATE YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
An active library account is a MUST in order for you to access the library’s e-resources remotely.
1. Visit the library’s official website: http://library.ust.edu.ph/.
2. Open ‘Resources’ page.
3. Choose ‘OPAC’.
4. Open ‘My Account’ under My Library.
*For initial registration:
a. Key in your 10-digit student number or the last 6-digit of your faculty number.
b. Click ‘Submit’.
c. Enter your desired PIN/Password (at least 6 alphanumeric characters) twice.
d. Click ‘Submit’.
HOW TO GET A TEMPORARY LIBRARY ACCOUNT
For the duration of the pandemic, the Library will be providing a TEMPORARY LIBRARY ACCOUNT to its users.
Kindly click the link http://bit.ly/USTLibTempAccount and accomplish the form to automatically receive your temporary username/password on your G-suite account (UST e-mail).
HOW TO RETURN BORROWED LIBRARY MATERIAL
1. You can drop off your borrowed library material/s at the designated Book Drop Stations located at España Gate 1 and Dapitan Gate 10 from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
2. A book drop is also available at the Central Library’s foyer for UST administrators, faculty members, and support staff.
3. Returning of borrowed materials via delivery service is also allowed. Kindly instruct the delivery man to place the materials in any of the above-mentioned stations at the gates.
4. The Library will acknowledge receipt of returned materials on the next working day via text message, e-mail, or phone call.
5. Overdue fines accumulated from March 9, 2020 until July 31, 2020 will be waived.
6. Payment method for overdue fines accumulated before March 9, 2020 will be announced soon.
7. For lost/damaged/mutilated library materials, please contact the Library at 0961-7219748 or send an e-mail to Ms. Sabina C. Viernes (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head Librarian, General Circulation Section.
*All borrowed library materials before ECQ must be returned on or before July 31, 2020. (For students only)
HOW TO SUGGEST A PURCHASE
Help us enhance the Library’s collection by suggesting a purchase.
1. The acquisition of e-resources will be prioritized. However, print and non-print materials may still be recommended.
2. Provide the following material information: title, author/editor, and copyright year.
3. Indicate the following recommender’s information: name, patron type (administrator, faculty member, student, etc.), and faculty/college/department/institute.
4. A notification of the status of your request will be sent through your e-mail.
5. Send an e-mail to Ms. Anna Rita L. Alomo, Acquisitions Librarian (email@example.com).
FB page link: http://bit.ly/USTLibSuggest
HOW TO UPDATE (ACTIVATE/RENEW) YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
Maximize the use of the library’s e-resources by accessing http://library.ust.edu.ph/resources.html remotely.
For those who haven’t updated (activated/renewed) their library accounts yet, just follow these simple steps.
1. Access the Link
Visit http://library.ust.edu.ph/, under New Links click Library Account Update Form.
2. Verify your Identity
Log-in to your G-Suite account (UST e-mail) and read carefully the Reminders before clicking Next.
3. Accomplish the Form
Fill-out the Form, upon accomplishment, click Next then tick the box to certify the information you have provided, then click Submit.
FB page link : http://bit.ly/USTLibAccount