Organization of Materials
1 2 3
Purchasing and Contractual Obligations
- Are products leased or purchased?
- What does a subscription include?
- Must superseded disks be returned to vendor?
- Are software enhancement included in the purchase or lease price?
- Does the vendor provide replacements for lost or damaged product at nominal
or no cost?
- Is there a back file copy? What is the coverage? What is the cost? How
long is it guaranteed to last?
- Is downloading available?
- What are the copyright and multi-use restrictions?
Equipment and Space
- Is equipment included as part of the subscription? Is it required? What
are the specifications?
- If equipment is provided as part of the subscription, can it be supported?
- Is a reduced subscription price available if equipment is not included?
- Does vendor provide maintenance for equipment included in a subscription?
- Does vendor provide assistance with installation?
- Are help screens available?
- Is there an easily accessible toll-free customer number?
- Can currently available equipment be used or upgraded for use?
- Are the storage and memory of currently available equipment sufficient?
- Does currently available equipment have required color and graphics capabilities
- Can multi-station use be supported?
- Is additional wiring, furniture, renovation, or reconfiguration of space
- Is additional space required?
- Importance of the periodical - is it included in the standard bibliographies
and/or recommended lists?
- Subject matter - its relation to the university’s educational goals
- Inclusion of the periodical and therefore access to its articles in indexes
and abstracts maintained by the library