About Our Collections
2 3 4
Mission and Vision
To build a rich and balanced library collection that will support the academic
programs and curriculum of the University.
- To strengthen the library and information resources.
- To enhance the availability of the library and information resources
in order to support undergraduate and graduate instructions as well as
the faculty research program.
Collection Development Policy
Conspectus Technique - the best tool to be used in making a systematic
assessment of the collection.
- Helps collection developers to set the desired collection goals.
- Serves as a guide in making decisions regarding acquisitions, collection
development, resource sharing, fund allocations, budget requests, grants
- Serves as a summary report to be presented to the accrediting agencies,
consultants, candidates for positions, administrators and governing board
members or legislators.
Factors Affecting Collection Development
- New topics
- New requests
- Influx of new technology
- Expanding curricula
- Changing roles of the library
- Evolution of the library collection